IMAPS 2021 Health and Safety Statement
We are planning a safe and successful event to welcome you back in-person to IMAPS 2021 San Diego!
Your Symposium experience will look and feel a little different than you remember. The safety and well-being of our attendees is a top priority so we will follow the many recommended safety protocols below. TOGETHER, we can ensure a safe and successful IMAPS 2021!
- IMAPS is consulting government agencies, event partners, and our stakeholders regarding the Covid-19 virus ahead of IMAPS 2021 San Diego. IMAPS leadership will keep attendees informed of any impact to the event. IMAPS remains committed to delivering the best Symposium this Fall and anticipates a robust, healthy event for all of our attendees, speakers, and exhibitors. IMAPS is prepared for all options for alternative conference plans in the event that the in-person components of the Symposium are deemed unsafe or not possible.
- Following CDC and California Department of Public Health guidelines for our event size, attendees are NOT required to provide vaccination records or COVID-19 test results.
- IMAPS strongly recommends that MASKS be worn by all attendees at all times during any indoor IMAPS 2021 functions (session rooms, exhibit hall, registration area, etc.).
- Per San Diego County guidelines, the followingare exempt from wearing masks at all times: People with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a mask. People who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- IMAPS recommends that all attendees bring their own masks.
- IMAPS and the Town & Country Hotel will make masks available.
- IMAPS requests that you pre-register online immediately to allow our staff adequate time to properly prepare space requirements.
- Please do not attend in-person if you do not feel well or are showing Covid symptoms, rely on virtual participation.
- Follow local health guidance.
- Wash your hands frequently. Please avoid handshaking, touching, close proximity, etc.
- Be mindful and respectful of other attendees' comfort levels.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available outside every meeting room, restaurant, lobby, etc.
- IMAPS will also provide additional hand sanitizer.
- IMAPS organizers will be following CDC guidelines, as well as locally enforced restrictions, on seating capacity and social distancing. Meeting and banquet arrangements are set to allow for physical distancing between attendees including conference and table seating.
- Self-serve banquet-style food service has been suspended and replaced by alternative service styles including plated meals and pre-packaged grab and go dining options, with single-use condiments, as well as full-service coffee and refreshment.
- IMAPS will attempt to hold receptions and non-technical meetings outdoors, if possible.
- The health and wellness of our group attendees are paramount at Town and Country Resort.
- The entire resort, including our meeting rooms, is deep cleaned and thoroughly sanitized regularly using Victory Innovations electrostatic disinfectant sprayers containing Bioesque hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Guests care items are available upon request including disposable masks and gloves.
- Read about the Town & Country’s efforts to ensure a safe and comfortable experience during your stay.
COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgment -- Liability Waiver and Release of Claims
All attendees at the 54th International Symposium on Microelectronics, in consideration of being permitted to attend:
(1) Acknowledge that:
- There is a risk of contracting COVID, even for persons who are vaccinated against COVID.
- There may be others in attendance who are not vaccinated against COVID.
- COVID can cause serious illness with lingering effects, and even death.
- No amount or extent of precautions can guarantee against contracting COVID.
(2) Knowingly and voluntarily assume all risk of injury, harm, and loss, and even death, associated with attendance at the 54th International Symposium on Microelectronics, exposure to COVID, and contracting COVID.
(3) RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST IMAPS, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), IN LAW AND IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION ATTENDANCE AT THE 54TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON MICROELECTRONICS, INCLUDING DUE TO COVID.